Some athletes have expressed an affinity to staying on the couch instead of getting out to run.
Let me share a few tricks I used when I was running:
- Run in the morning. Dress or have clothes set out the night before to run in.
- Get out the door. I used to dress & carry my shoes outside with me. Once outside you will be committed!
- Get a running buddy. If someone on the team lives close, take turns running to each others house. A family member on a bicycle works too (And parents are more likely to let you go out).
- Challenge each other on the team. Text or email about how your workout went.
- Keep track of your workouts. Accountability is your responsibility. Take charge! The following mileage chart will help.
Each square is 1 mile. You may count 1/2 miles, but not 1/4 or 3/4. Walking & biking DO NOT COUNT ! You may start from Monday, December 14.
Color code for days: Mon – Red; Tue – Orange; Wed – Yellow; Thu – Green; Fri – Blue; Sat – Purple; Sunday – Brown.
500 Mile Club Link